The City of Rohnert Park partnered with the civic leadership training organization, CORO NorCal, to bring together a team of community leaders. We are the Inaugural Class of Leadership Rohnert Park and our goal is to bring to life a project in Rohnert Park that positively impacts our community.
Elece Hempel, Executive Director of Petaluma People Services Center, attended one of our meetings and spoke about PPSC Mentor Me. It resonated with our group and our project was born! We decided to make a difference in the lives of young people by bringing PPSC Mentor Me to the Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District.
Through this project we seek to empower young people to reach their highest potential by matching them with a caring adult mentor. We are excited to introduce the program starting at John Reed Elementary School in the Fall of 2021.
Leadership Rohnert Park has a goal of raising $20,000 to fund the first year of the Cotati-Rohnert Park PPSC Mentor Me Program. Help us reach our goal!
Do you want to support and walk alongside a young person to help them reach their highest potential? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Cotati-Rohnert Park Mentor). Once the program is ready to launch, we will contact you with training dates and additional information.
- 95% of the job is showing up!
- Take the lead in supporting a young person through the consistency of an ongoing, one-to-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
- Strive for mutual respect and good communication
- Build self-esteem and motivation in the mentee
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Courtney O’Daniel
- Matt Valkovic
- Tiffany Cazares
- Sandra Jaime
- Maggie Grover
- Silvia Rodriguez
- Anne-Marie Rodriguez
- Cherie Chipman